From:
"Walters, Kenneth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:45:56 -0400
Good Afternoon Listserv members,

Are there any legal requirements for Records Centers to have an halon
fire protection system installed to protect records in the event of a
fire? Does it vary from state to state? The law firm that I am employed
with is located in Washington, DC  and Irvine California.  We currently
have several decentralized records departments throughout the Firm. Most
of the decentralized records departments does not have halon fire
protection, which is a major concern for me in regards to disaster
recovery and other potential liabilities for the Firm.

I am currently working on an proposal to centralize all of our records
functions into one centralized location. Besides other obvious reasons
for centralization, If there are legal requirements to have a halon fire
system in place, it would be a tremendous selling point that I can
incorporate into my proposal.  Any information you can provide will be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.