From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:50:26 -0700
Is it me or does it seem that this years conference is very quiet. I
> remember in years past receiving literature from vendors and special
> sections in Records Managers magazines building up to the conference. Not
> a complaint, however it does seem quiet as we head into our 50th
> Anniversary. Anyone agree/disagree.

I have to agree, and I have mixed emotions.

1) I'm glad I'm not receiving a bunch of additional mailings from ARMA,
especially since I'm already registered and they KNOW I'm coming. In the
past, they had a 3rd party doing these mailings for them and they apparently
weren't communicating when someone had registered, because for New Orleans,
I received 11 copies of the Conference brochure. For Boston, only 10....for
Long Beach, only 7 =)

2) I'm betwixt and between about not receiving as many vendor mailings,
because it gave me advance notice about product offerings that would be
there and I could partially plan my show floor visit, but it also meant that
ARMA was telling these vendors I was coming, and from a privacy perspective,
that shouldn't have been happening
So... even with it being the 50th, I'm not displeased about the lack of
mailbox fodder

Larry