From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:20:41 -0400
here we go again

Sending unsub messages to the listserv is not how it is done.  Let's
try the 20 question method.

1. To what address do you send listserv commands?

2. When you send a command to the list do you need a subject?

No the subject line should remain blank.

3. What is the command for unsubscribing?

unsub RECMGMT-L

4. If I want to turn off my subscription before going on vacation or
being away from the office what command do I use?

set RECMGMT-L nomail

5. I cann't handle all the messages that come from the list is there
some other way to get the messages?

Yes, you can set your subscription to digest

6. How do I do that?

just send the command

set RECMGMT-L digest

7. I want to make sure that my listserv messages have been distributed
is there a way to get an acknowledgement?

sure is. just send the following command

set RECMGMT-L ack norepro

8. I've come back from vacation and i want to start getting messages
again. what do I do?

well if you received individual postings you send this command

set RECMGMT-L mail

but if you previously received the postings in digest form you send this message

set RECMGMT-L digest

9. I'm having problems with my subscription how do I get help?

send a message to [log in to unmask] and one of the
listadmins will help you with your problem. But remember they do have
other things to do besides the list.

10. If I send a command how will I know that it went into effect?

you will receive a confirmation from the listserv.

11. What should I do with this message?
Ideally you should keep it for future reference. But if you don't you
can always visit the listserv archives and search for messages with
ADMIN in the subject line.

Okay so it wasn't 20 questions but hopefully you will have read this
far and will save this message for future reference.

for the management

peterk
ListPa
recmgmt-l