From:
"Grieme, Gary L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:23:53 -0500

If you're merging, be prepared to deal with both their active and
inactive files.

On the conflict-of-interest front, conflicts would ideally all be
cleared to everybody's satisfaction before the merger.  But you will
probably experience turbulence for several months until the attorneys
get comfortable working together and make the necessary compromises.
Hidden conflicts or possible conflicts will work their way to the
surface.  New business may have to be turned away because of conflicts
that people at the time of the merger were not aware of or did not
consider or chose to ignore.

Depending on how centralized your operation is now, you will need to
think through what services you will provide versus what they handle on
their own.  It's not all bad--you will learn new things and meet new
people.  Good luck.

Gary L. Grieme
Records Manager
Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi L.L.P.