From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:23:15 -0500
Irene,  This is an answer I hate to give and you probably don't want to
here BUT - It depends.  In my opinion and thought process you would need
to ask these questions of yourself and firm:
How much overlap in processes/cases will there be between offices
Attorneys working from 1 or both offices
Types of cases handled at each office
Current structure of RM program
IT structure in place
Type of technology used in RM currently ( imaging,paper,etc)
Budgets for RM.  This could vary between offices by  needs to operate the
office within the jurisdictions
Common staffing or duplicate in each office
Do the offices act as seperate cost/profit centers

I think some of these questions are very inter-related and I'm sure the
legal experts on the list will add comments.  Just some of the things that
came off the top of my head.

Thanks