From:
Christina Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:24:02 -0400
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On
Behalf Of Harrelson, Amy
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Records Living at Iron Mountain in NOLA

Hi List,
  I just got off the phone with the main IM number and they could not give
me the status of the storage facility in New Orleans.  I know it might seem
a bit heartless at this time to worry about my records but at this point I
am.  Has anyone else heard from IM in New Orleans or at least the status of
the storage facility?  I realize phone lines are down but I was hoping
someone knew something.  I was just told to keep calling back from time to
time to get updates.
  On another note, I was not privy to this contract negotiation, if a flood
occurs, do we have to go down and salvage our records or do they do that?
Any info on this would be great, our company has never faced anything like
this before and I am not sure what the next step would be, disaster recovery
text books are great but never prepare you for vendor relationships in the
state of emergency.  One a positive note, all paper that is stored there is
digitized!!  Any info you all could share would be great.
  Again, this is a horrible thing that happened and I do not want anyone to
think that I care more about my records that human life, I just would like a
little info.

Thanks,
  adh

Amy Harrelson
RIM Technical Admin - Legal
Broadwing Communications
1122 Capital of TX Highway South
Austin, TX 78746
Phone: 512.742.5270 or 512.742.4581
Fax: 512.326.7902

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged,
confidential and covered by the Electronic Communications  Privacy Act, 18
U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521.

If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, distribute, or reproduce
this transmission.