From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:58:55 -0500
I would suggest you post this to the Conservation Online list which is made
up of conservators who might be familiar with this.   Looking at the costs
of the machines for this process, I have difficulty balancing this with the
cost of a refrigerator truck where you could store wet boxes of records and
prevent mold growth by temperature.
I noticed the advocates of the vacuum procress also urge you to save office
space
by vacuum storing all your papers and files.    Wouldn't it be cheaper to
either have
an efficient records management program, a microfilming or scanning
operation, than
simply "canning" your records?

Dean DeBolt
University Librarian
Special Collections/West Florida Archives
John C. Pace Library
University of West Florida
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750