From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:09:40 -0400
You need to price at least the following:
1. Hardware - servers plus work stations plus backup hardware plus any
peripherals (scanners, printers, etc.)  Do not plan to have
"contingency" hardware for all employees/functions one-to-one.  You need
to estimate the minimum hardware needs to run the business for a
possible/probable amount of down-time (one month?  Two months?)
2. Software and licenses. Again, you only need enough for the number of
employees/functions you are using during the contingency time frame.
3. Connectivity and communication links - network (fiber or cables),
internet/e-mail, phones, etc.
4. Number of folks to support and run the systems.  Always build in some
contractual replacements.  Some disasters can prevent the regular
employees from being available.
5. Space.  Cost depends on whether you plan to use a Cold Site or a Hot
Site.  Hot site would be fully furnished, including hardware/software.
Cold site would have at least connectivity and enough electric outlets.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division