From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:25:30 -0400
Over the years, I've seen Peter K. post links to various audit, evalulation, and investigative reports issued by my agency, the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

I thought I'd mention another page on our external website, "From the Comptroller General," at http://www.gao.gov/cghome.htm.  This includes some speeches and presentations by GAO's chief, Comptroller General David M. Walker.   Many of these explain the premises and values underlying GAO's work and examine the challenges facing the nation.  Since some of these presentations address accountability and reporting issues, I thought they might be of interest to the Recmgmt-L:

"21st Century Challenges: The Need for Integrity and Stewardship, Lyceum": University of Texas McCombs Business School, Austin, Texas, on September 7, 2005
PDF version at http://www.gao.gov/cghome/ut09072005/ut09072005.pdf

"Leadership in Changing and Challenging Times," CII Annual Conference, Grapevine, Texas, on July 20, 2005
PDF version at http://www.gao.gov/cghome/ciileadershipspeech72005.pdf

"Truth, Transparency and Transformation," National State Auditors Association (NSAA) Annual Conference, Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, on June 11, 2005
PDF version at http://www.gao.gov/cghome/nsaa/nsaa06112005.pdf

"The Nation's Growing Fiscal Imbalance: Perspectives and Issues," Republican Main Street at the Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C., on May 26, 2005
PDF version at http://www.gao.gov/cghome/rms052605/rms052605.pdf

Maarja

Maarja Krusten
GAO Historian