From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:03:14 -0400
 From time to time there are requests for anecdotes, case studies etc to
enhance a message to management about records management.

This story will get you a laugh and then ring home to make your point.
You begin as follows:

As I present the topic of protecting records and the importance of
records management to
our management team I am reminded of an incident that occurred this
last Sunday in Church.

Our Pastor began his Sermon "Dear Lord," the pastor began, with arms
extended and
a rapturous look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..."

He would have continued, but at that moment one very obedient little
girl
(who was listening carefully for a change) leaned over to her mother and
asked quite audibly in her shrill, little girl voice,
"Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?" Well, Church was pretty much over at that
point...

And this reminded me that if certain people in our company do not
comply with the records
management program and assist us in our efforts to truly protect the
corporate records, and;
if executive management is sanctioned or fined or even worse imprisoned
because of errors
in one of your divisions................... you too will be Butt Dust!!

____

See how that works?

Your thought I couldn't bring it home and make it work for records
management.  Come on you
thought I was off track there,  didn't you?

If you like it come see me in Chicago at our booth.  If this was
totally inappropriate I want you to go see Peter
in the FileNet Booth and demand I be thrown off the Listserv or ask him
to demonstrate their product which
recently won the Pultizer prize for software. If he keeps working he
can win the Nobel prize like I did.  Larry
Medina gives out various prestigious awards at the Listserv Party.  You
have to wait until he has had a few
of those umbrella drinks though.  I am hoping for an Oscar this year.
The category is best performance by
a non records manager.  Since I will be the only one there in that
category I like my chances.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134