From:
Diane Dodge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:57:20 -0400
HI Gerry,

I forwarded your question to my sister, who works for a  Bankruptcy
Attorney to see if he had any suggestions.  Of course, he was reluctant to
give legal advice, but suggested your friend contact an Accountant to see
how long the company  would be required to keep certain tax documents,
etc.  He thought that it should be treated as a new company and the
records handled accordingly.

Hope this helps a little.  It is hard for an attorney to answer a question
without "all the facts, ma'am."

Diane Dodge

Gerry Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
09/21/2005 11:51 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
When does responsibility begin

Hello,

A long time friend is just starting with a new company that has just came
out
of a Chapter 11 to become a stand alone business from the mothership.  As
she
is not a member yet of the listserv I have been requested to submit the
following question, which I will admit to being clueless of the answer.

When does the legal responsiblilities begin for their corporate business
records as they have just emerged the following: X-Company Emerges from
Y-Companies Chapter 11 Process.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance for
your
time and consideration of my request.  Please respond to the list, as I am
sure there are others that might find the answer interesting, as I would.

Regards,
Gerry Clifford