Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:29:28 -0600
A quick re-introduction:  I am Kathleen Fortenberry and have worked in the RIM arena for almost 25 years.  I have been a CRM since 1992.  Although I normally lurk, I would like to find out if anyone out in Listserv Land has actual experience (good and bad) of cultural change experiences within organizations.

I am working on developing a full records management program for an organization in the US with subsidiaries and over 3,000 employees throughout all their locations and we are trying to roll out a policy on email records.  We are experiencing the normal amount of what is a record, why is email a record, but I NEED my email, etc.  It has been decided that there needs to be cultural shift in the organization regarding records in general and not specifically email.  I have to commend the management since they have set up a cultural change project team to look into cultural change throughout the organization.

Now the problem.  We are having a difficult time finding organizations that have gone through cultural change initiatives or situations which are not primarily related to IT project implementations and will share their experiences with us.  We have all been through change but would like to hear lessons learned from other sources.  What went right, what went wrong, what would you do different or same if you went through the process again, etc.

If anyone can help me with their experiences I would be very grateful.  You can respond offline if preferred.

Thanks in advance.

Kathleen Fortenberry, CRM
303-617-3633 (Denver, CO)

Sent via the WebMail system at prolynx.com