From:
Kim Wobick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:26:50 -0400
Greetings!

I have "returned" to this list, after a maternity leave, and then
part-time work. I'm now back at my position as a solo Librarian/Records
Manager for the Delaware River Basin Commission in New Jersey. I have
absolutely no staff, and a lot of work to do.

The DRBC has been around for over 40 years, our files are a mess, and
it's up to me to clean it up (I've only been here about a year and a
half). I've been working with the NJ Records Dept. on a retention
schedule, and beginning to explore grant options to fund a project that
would bring the Commission files up-to-date when the schedule is in
place. I've decided that I may just want to outsource the whole process,
the going through each file piece by piece to discard, then the
rehousing and indexing. It would be faster than me supervising student
interns who would help me do the work, and I'd like to get this done
sooner than later. I can't even really think about digitizing until our
files are in better order.

My question is, being unexperienced in this area, and not having found
any information yet, are there organizations who perform the type of
service I'm looking for? I'm not interested in housing our documents
somewhere else, but I would like some professional assistance in getting
the grunt work done.

Any advice/leads that anyone can provide me will be most appreciated.

Thanks, and best regards!

Kim

--
Kim Wobick