From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:24:38 +1000
Larry hit the nail on the head - using the right tool for the job too.
Always be aware of the possibility of 'bias' from the author in any bit of
information you receive.

And we all should know that email archiving solutions are not recordkeeping
solutions.  Feel free to use information in the National Archives of
Australia's Archives Advice number 69 "Email archiving solutions are not
recordkeeping solutions" at
http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/rkpubs/advices/advice69.html.

Of course, this is shameless self promotion, but no more so than a vendor
giving advice which may sell him more 'units'.  On the other hand, I have
always wondered if any sane person would go to the trouble of storing
millions of spam messages received by most (if not all) businesses.

John Lovejoy
National Archives of Australia
Some of these views are my own, some accurately reflect the published views
of my employer