From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 17:47:18 -0400
On 10/7/05, Marion Sumerianlibrarian <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm shocked to learn that positngs for jobs are inappropriate.
> Can anyone direct me to an outline of the exact purpose of this listserv?

well that can be found in the welcome to the listserv message one
receives when they subscribe. But then most folks just ignore that
message. Basically anything is acceptable on this list that is related
to RM. The group is very much self-policing. There are more lurkers
than posters and believe me the listadmins (Susan, Marc and myself)
hear about it if something goes awry.

Job announcements are most definitely welcome on this list. But here
are some simple rules that all should considering when posting a
position

1. use JOB Posting in the subject line along with the location
information and the title.g.

JOB POSTING US-TX-DALLAS Records Mgr

that quickly lets the readers know  what and where

2. in the body of the message (no attachments allowed) make sure that
you provide at least the following

Position title
Position description and basic duties
qualifications - years of experience, degree, certifications
salary/compensation - it would be nice to see a range such as $50k-75K
versus commiserate with experience
Benefits - provide a brief listing such as health dental 401K, etc
Relocation - is it provided or not, or negotiable? very few folks can
afford to pay for a cross country move.

Contact information - name snailmail address, email , telephone and fax number.

Closing date - is there one? or is it open til filled?

how do you want the resume submitted? email, fax or snailmail. does an
application need to be completed.

hope this helps

--
Peter Kurilecz