From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:52:09 -0600
Over the weekend I suggested that I didn't have an issue with job postings
and recruiters, and that in fact I saw it as a healthy thing. I have much
more appreciation for the internal positions that people post from their own
organizations, which either don't go to staffing
agencies/recruiters/headhunters or haven't yet, but that's tangential. The
point is that RECMGMT-L is NOT a job list, but rather a list devoted to ALL
things relating to records and information management, and one of its key
features has been the high signal-to-noise ratio.

I used to be an evil vendor, but knew better than to spam the list with the
solution I worked with/for. Now I'm an evil consultant, but again, I try to
take into account the fact that not everyone needs a consultant every single
day, and to that end I try to keep my own postings fairly on-topic and, I
hope, sometimes informative. When I do spam the list, such as for my
workshops or in response to a question about consulting services, I try to
do it succinctly and infrequently enough that I don't tick off the rest of
the folks on the list.

Those of you who are recruiters or staffing agencies would better serve the
list, and arguably, your own causes, by keeping that in mind. But if the
RECMGMT-L list starts turning into the RECRECRUIT-L list, eventually the
list moms are going to have to take notice and change the rules - to the
detriment of you and the list at large. Note that this is not directed at
any particular agency, recruiter, or organization.

My tuppence on a frigid Colorado morning (2" of snow and counting),

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office