From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:04:18 -0400
Since this is a holiday for some of the Listserv, can I be permitted a
Holiday question that is off topic?

I have been told that there are High School Academic All America Teams
for kids who participate at the High School level and excel at the
sport they play;  but must also carry a very high grade point to be
considered for this honor.

My search of the internet has not yielded anything and our high school
counselors do not have any records of this.

All my searches keep taking me to college level teams.  since some of
these honors are sponsored by corporations, I thought maybe someone on
the Listserv might know where to research these?

I calculated that with all the smart people on this Listserv that
several of you have had children achieve this honor.

Please respond to me directly as this is off topic but will be a
discovery in keeping with the spirit of Columbus Day.
Thank you.

Hugh

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults