From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:39:43 -0700
Robert Dalton said:
>Jesse ... your first paragraph is absolutely correct.  However, while you
>have stated the point of the listserv correctly, you missed something.
>This a list devoted to ALL things relating to records and information
>management. RM positions are part of RM and are appropriate on this list.

Won't hear any complaints from me.  My last three positions (including my
current one) were all posted on the listserve.  Every once in a while,
though, I'll question a recruitment posting especially when required
qualifications and salaries seem out of kilter.

>Now I'm a consultant and I consider myself a vendor.  I sell a service or
>product (me), however, I don't consider myself evil.

I don't consider you evil, even though you work for the "dark side," as some
refer to it.  One of my buddies, who is also a listserve mom, recently
became a vendor.  I don't hold that against him, not yet anyway. :>)

>Wanna take bets on the list mom's changing the rules.

I'm not normally a betting man but will take your money if you are willing
to give it up.  I don't see any rules changing any time soon.  But then
again I could be wrong.

On a related subject, last week someone thought that more job openings are
being posted through this venue.  I'd have to agree with that observation;
I've seen more RM recruitments than at any time, especially on the "CRM
Wanted" board on the ICRM website (www.icrm.org).  In addition, incomes for
RMs are also rising.

The market is right for those who have experience, credentials, education
and (as PK mentioned) are willing to move and travel.  CRMs are in high
demand in the private sector.  In fact at ARMA I heard that some companies
are offering salaries of $150K+ for RMs possessing both a CRM and MBA.  We
aren't at the CPA level yet but we are making progress; the good old law of
supply and demand is definitely working in our favor.

Hopefully those participating in the RIM Competency Project are watching and
take these market forces into account as they develop RIM competencies.
Times are a-changing, that is for sure...

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP