From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:56:46 -0400
On 10/10/05, Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 10/10/05, Diane Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > The only law I have found VEVRAA act.
> >

> I think it's important to recognize that the VEVRAA ONLY APPLIES to
> organizations operating under non-exempt Federal Contractor status, with
> awarded contracts (or subcontracts) of $25k or greater.
>
> http://www.jamercer.com/jsrvn/05-02-004-04-410.pdf

Larry raises a very good point. When researching retention
requirements - regulatory or statutory -  you must determine whether
the requirement applies to your organization or not. If the
requirement does not apply to your organization then you can't say
that is why you must retain the records. But you can use the
requirement as a guideline if nothing else exists.

One other item that concerns me. In my experience very few folks will
actually read the entire regulation. They will only read the section
of a regulation that says "Retention". One must read the entire
regulation to make sure you understand what they are requiring. You
don't want to miss a section that refers you to another regulation or
statute that may have consequences for you.

so let's be careful out there.
--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va