From:
"Schildmeyer, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:55:35 -0500
Totally unscientific response, but the other night, when the rented DVD
that my daughter and I were watching started to break up and garble, she
took it out, wiped it off carefully (on her pants leg, of course) and
put it back in.  Worked fine through the rest of the movie.  Teenagers
have a knack for these things.  Check for surface dirt and
contamination.

Greg Schildmeyer, CRM