From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:02:09 -0700
[log in to unmask] said:

>Now that we settle back from a successful conference in Chicago. Hopefully,
>some of you attended the general member and candidate forum meeting (by no
>means a record turnout)

I wanted to attend but (like others I am sure) had to make a choice between
the candidate forum and the Energy ISG meeting.  Maybe the conference
schedulers for San Antonio will decide to have these two events at different
times for a change.

>and came away concerned about our "radar screen" and future actions
>regarding our international program.

We as an organization need to determine whether we are going to truly be an
international organization.  If so, let's start putting more resources into
the program; otherwise, drop the "International" from the name and focus on
North America, where many of our members reside.

>Hopefully, you plan to vote this year and bring up past voting records to a
>meaningful level.  There are some critical spots and candidate positions
>should be carefully evaluated. Listserv ARMA members are urged to check the
>forum statements by candidates, particularly on international actions,
>member/chapter issues, and transparency.

I can't agree with you more - we need a bigger turnout.  The numbers over
the past few years have been pitiful.  Hopefully ARMA will publish the dates
for the election on their website and make a stronger effort to encourage
members to vote.

My two cents...

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP