From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:52:57 -0400
John & Bill,

It's good to see both of you weighing in on the International issue, and on
the upcoming election.  As noted in the responses to questions in the ARMA
Candidate Forum (in MY ARMA, then Member Forum), there are differences
between candidates that should prove helpful as ARMA members work to get to
know the candidates and to determine for whom they should vote.

Just in response to the comments I've seen, I would recommend that anyone
who is interested or concerned about what ARMA is doing in the International
area, take just a few minutes to read through the 2005 International
Strategy Task Force Report:

http://www.arma.org/pdf/governance/Strategic%20Operating%20Plan%202005.pdf

and through the Decisions of the Board, Fall 2005:

http://www.arma.org/pdf/governance/1005BoardDecisions.pdf

That should provide you with more information on the general direction that
the ARMA International Board is taking presently.

Speaking as ONE member of the Board, and not presuming to speak FOR the
Board, I hope that we will continue to serve all existing members, but will
focus our strategic efforts in two areas.  Those would be (1) serving and
promoting the recognition of and the needs of the profession of Records and
Information Management, and (2) promoting ARMA International as an
Association.

I believe that we're taking some very good steps in the International arena,
but know that we have not yet defined our strategy.  Our efforts to fully
vet potential strategies should help us avoid the mistakes made by other
associations, should help us focus on returning value to our members, and
should contribute to the recognition and influence of the profession and of
ARMA International.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+