From:
David Gaynon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:30:32 -0700
The recent discussions of certification in which the CRM is compared to
other certifications is I am afraid mixing apples and oranges.  The case
of certification or licensure of doctors, attorneys, nurses etc. the
government has by force of law conferred a monopoly on the holders of
these certifications.

In many states within the USA teachers without the proper credentials may
not be employed by public schools.  In the US it is also illegal to
practice law or medicine without a government issued license.  I do not
think that those advocating the benefits of the CRM designation are
proposing that the government pass laws conferring on the ICRM this same
sort of monopoly which would make it illegal for anyone to hold a RIM job
without proper certification.

Dave Gaynon