From:
Kim Wobick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:57:42 -0400
Hello!

I wrote a few weeks ago about locating vendors who would assist in
implementing our new records management program by going through my
records--thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions. This is actually in
conjuction with starting to put together materials to apply for grants
to get this work done (which I've been procrastinating getting started).
I've now been told that to contract a vendor, I have to write an RFP, as
well. Having no experience with any of this, I have a few questions for
the wisdom of the list:

1. Has anyone ever written an RFP for this type of work before? If so,
would you be willing to share your document as an example of how it
should be laid out?

2. How does the connection between an RFP and a grant work? Are they two
completely separate entitities, or can they work together? (i.e. I get a
grant, then write an RFP?) Our main grantwriting person has been out of
the office for awhile, so I haven't been able to answer this question on
my end.

Thanks for any and all help. I have done some searching in the archives,
but to no avail. I always learn so much from this list, I don't know
what I'd do without it!

Thanks,

Kim

--