From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:55:08 -0700
I normally wouldn't defend someone who supports a college program that is
constantly on the NCAA's scandal list and never lives up their potential,
but in this case I'll make an exception.

Steve has made some good points about the CRM testing process in a previous
message.  The Examination Development Committee (EDC) he refers to is headed
up by Debra Gearhart, someone who I consider a leader in our profession.
Deb, as the Director of Records Management Services for the State, deals
with both paper and electronic records issues on a daily basis.  She also
teaches RM classes.  She doesn't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to
electronic records management practices and principles.

Other members on the EDC come from various backgrounds, including
government, private sector, education, etc.  The EDC has a couple of PhDs,
one who teaches records management courses.  The rest of the members are on
the front lines of records management, with practical experience in both the
paper and electronic worlds.  They are all professionals and care very much
to ensure test questions meet high standards.

Although they only meet officially twice a year, the members spend hours and
hours pursuing through the latest RM and information technology
publications.  Their goal is to develop test questions that are applicable
to records management, including the latest trends in electronic records
management.  I recently sat through one of their meetings - the questions
they were reviewing for Part V (which includes electronic records) are
relevant in today's electronic world.

If individuals have problems with the questions or the test process in
general, please send them my or other board members' way.  We are willing to
listen to valid criticisms.  By the way, Deb is always looking CRMs who are
willing to volunteer for the EDC.  Just be prepared to work...

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP