From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:57:26 -0400
On 10/20/05, JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> But I wonder how much there is on the ICRM today on the
> impact of technology on that body of knowledge - autoclassification, storage
> technologies, electronic records management systems, other electronic
> information management systems and how to integrate records processes into
> them, e-forms management, email management, electronic records inventorying
> tools and techniques, etc. etc. etc. If there is, I will retract my concerns
> - but from speaking with a number of recent test-takers and CRMs (last
> couple of years) I don't think I'm that far off.

Jesse
I can attest to the fact that as far back as the mid-1980s that the
CRM exams were testing for knowledge about electronic records issues.
I can also state that in my opinion the basics of records management
can and do apply to digital rm problems. The ICRM constantly works on
upgrading exam questions and adding new questions to the test bank. I
think IF you carefully exam the outline for the exams that the issues
you describe above are covered by the exams. they just don't
explicitly state electronic or paper. there are some explicit
questions, but on the whole the exam process meets the needs.

--
Peter Kurilecz
Richmond, Va