From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:52:18 -0400
< Ginny's rather dismissive comments regarding the Chippewa Valley
course
leads me to believe that Ginny has never spoken with anyone who's
completed
the course!>

Please note the word "OR" following "completion" in the paragraph I
posted.  Also note that the second sentence relates to the "latter" type
of offering (i.e. after "OR").  I was not implying that the Chippewa
course work emphasized only filing.  The filing emphasis was in relation
to other types of courses in community colleges.   I seem to have
inadvertently caused  a great deal of confusion.  My intent was to point
out the limited amount of RIM education being offered in colleges and
universities throughout the U.S.

<"The other, more common, type is a few courses at the undergraduate
level (such as Chippewa College) that results in some type of
"certificate of completion" or inclusion of RIM material in office
management or admin assistant certificate programs at the community
college level.  The latter is usually heavily focused on filing methods
and rules with a smattering of general RIM overviews like Vital Records
or the need for retention schedules.">

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager