From:
Jay Maechtlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:00:47 -0700
Well-
As long as the stuff is radioactive, it is findable!
As long as we have any reasonable level of technology, we can determine
danger level of the stuff in storage.
Actually, I hope that we can deal with these kinds of waste much more
effectively within the next 100-200 years.
In the meantime, it sounds like an application for noble-metal micrfiche?

Jay Maechtlen
Ameriquest Data Service

see www.ejectejecteject.com
This is just a test... if this was an actual sig, you would have been
mildly amused...

Karin Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Records Management Program <[log in to unmask]>
10/26/2005 03:53 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Will we keep email (and everything else) forever one day?

How's this for a retention and migration nightmare:  the records of the
nuclear waste being shipped to Carlsbad, NM, from Los Alamos lab have a
retention schedule of 10,000 years!  Because that's how long the waste
will
be radioactive.

At 04:41 PM 10/26/2005, you wrote:
>appraised would be useful for research in 10 years or 50 years or 100
years
>because I couldn't possibly predict the future.  My argument was
>always..."well of course it would be nice to keep everything but that is
>simply physically & financially impossible so we do the best we can".

Karin M. Hendrickson
LANL IM-EP
6-0271
'B' Schedule

The information in this email, and any attachments, may contain
confidential information and is intended solely for the attention and
use of the named addressee(s). It must not be disclosed to any
person(s) without authorization. If you are not the intended recipient,
or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
you are not authorized to, and must not, disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.