From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:58:57 -0700
EXACTLY   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those who want to take care of themselves, their family and friends, WILL PLAN AHEAD AND DO SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Not sit around and sob, hoping for some TV news airtime, after they have not lifted a finger to do anything to prepare for themselves, while their city and state do nothing...; and blame the feds when FEMA is late getting organized.

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. a person sent me this

Subject: North Dakota News Bulletin

(For those of you who are not aware, North Dakota and southwestern
Montana got hit with their first blizzard of the season a couple of
weeks ago)

This text is from county emergency manager out in the western part of
North Dakota state after the storm.

  Amusing...

                                                 WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in the Northern Plains we just recovered from  a Historic event
--- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with
a historic blizzard  of up to 24" inches of snow  and winds to 50 MPH
that broke trees in half, stranded hundreds of motorists  in lethal snow
banks, closed all roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to
10's of thousands.
George Bush did not come....
FEMA staged nothing....
No one howled for the government...
No one even uttered an expletive on TV...
Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.....
No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House....
No news anchors moved in.

We just melted snow for water, sent out caravans to pluck people out of
snow engulfed cars, fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or
Aladdin lamps and put on an extra layer of clothes.

Even though a  Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this
early...we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

Everybody is fine.