From:
Frances McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:33:42 -0400
I agree with ARMA's position on including the article having issue a daily
news scan for years.   You cannot include the items that are positive and
favourable only.  The purpose is to inform readers so that they can be
prepared to address any issues raised by  what is in the press.

For the company news scan  we include unfavourable press because
executives, business managers etc. need to be prepared if clients,
business contacts or investors question them on the articles.

In the case of this article it is better to be aware of the content and be
prepared to counter the authors position in the event that your management
or IT areas read the article and want to adopt the author's position.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Frances McManus
Director Compliance Development
Global Compliance