From:
"King, Douglas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:30:39 -0500
Maarja --

If you are using Outlook, you can set the order it applies rules to incoming email (Tools|Rules Wizard). Set a rule to move RECMGMT-L emails to a folder, first, then act upon remaining emails marked "urgent" further down the rules list. I used this approach to come up with my own, custom "out of office" message, that goes out only to my internal customers (those with email addresses at the sedgwick.gov domain) -- that way, I don't have to change subscription settings for the several lists I subscribe to. It appears to work fine ... I have had no complaints and have not seen my out of office message going out to lists. I tried to customize the standard Outlook "out of office" function, without success.