From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 16:30:13 -0700

And Laurie Carpenter said:
>Sometimes, you can't wait to get invited, you have to invite yourself or
>create opportunities to be invited or included.

Laurie is absolutely correct.  You can sit around and whine or be proactive
and crash the party.   Most IT managers I know hate the records management
business.  They would much rather establish and manage the infrustructure.

Find a task the IT folks don't want to take on.  Volunteer to write policies
on e-mail, back-up, data classification, etc.  Learn their language and make
your self known.  Let them know you can make their life easier.  Chances are
they'll want to work with you.  That has been my experience anyway...

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP