From:
Vaughan Spooner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:45:26 +0200
Good Day,

Following on the recent threads about retention of e-mails, my company
has for some time been looking at Veritas/KVS and Zantaz/EAS (the two
top providers as per the Gartner Magic Quadrant) for e-mail archiving.
However, we have not made a call on which due to the fact that it is
proving extremely difficult to ascertain the level of manual
intervention that is required in the auto-classification functionality
(if it only does 30% automatically then you may as well do it manually).

Be that as it may I have heard a little birdie mention that the next
version (or some future version) of Microsoft Exchange (2005?) will have
the functionality of the systems mentioned above.

Was the birdie lying or not and if it wasn't lying does anyone know what
functionality will be available and when?

Regards

Vaughan Spooner CRM
South Africa

Disclaimer