From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:32:18 -0800
Looking forward to playing Colorado @ Boulder this Saturday.  A bad
game, a poor performance, does not ruin the whole season.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

Bill Roach said:
>I have a statement on my SS card that says the card is not to be used
for
>identification purposes.  However, if I recall, that statement was
added
>sometime after the program started.

Yes, that's what mine says as well.  But in reality the SSN is a
national
identification number.  The IRS uses it as an individual tax ID.  Some
companies (and governments) use it as an employee ID number.  As Peter
noted
a few states, such as Virginia, use it for the driver's license number
although there are provisions to opt out.  The local water provider
required
mine before they would establish service.

I've heard politicians' rail against the thought of a national ID much
like
the EU community has.  What they fail to admit is that we already have
one.
The only difference is that our photograph isn't on the card.

By the way, some of you may have heard a loud whining sound from
Central
Missouri this weekend.  Not to worry, just a bunch of Mizzou fans
weeping
because their so-called football team underachieved again, losing to a
near
bottom feeder from Kansas.  Whitaker, guess its time to look forward
basketball season.

Bruce L. White, MBA, CRM, PMP