From:
Kukukajoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:57:43 -0800
Hey all-  I need a little help regarding gov't and municipality names and filing order.  I understand that anything federal the first three identifiers are United States Government but with state and local how does that work?  We were given the following three in a test (which I bombed) and I want to see how you would classify them and the rules.

1. Internal Revenue Service
Treasury Department
United States Government

2. Parks Department
Dallas, Texas

3. Leon County Public Welfare Department
Tallahasse, Florida

The instructions were to identify the key unit, second, third and fourth units and then place in alphabetical order. Can you help me on this as I am in a debate with  my instructor and can't find any definitive answers.

Thanks,

Kristina