From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:03:18 -0500
Peter,

If you can do so without revealing privately received information that should remain confidential, can you explain why a change of email addresses would stop Paul Scott from posting?  Is he prohibited from re-subscribing under the new account?  Why would that be the case for a public employee?   I would hate to see the List deprived of Paul's good postings!  And the case he described was hilarious--very clever on his part.  I also laughed out loud at Al's followup posting.   Can't wait to see what Steve may say in the way of riposte!!  (Yep, I once took fencing lessons -- ages ago -- while in college.  Unlike Steve, I've never handled a gun however, I'm an East Coast city girl, through and through--born in NYC, grew up in the DC area.  Wait, I take that back, in the mid-1970s the then-U.S. Customs Service issued a brochure in which I'm pictured wearing a border patrol officer's uniform.  Including a gun.  I never did a law enforcement job, I just worked in my first job out of college in the office that put together the brochure.)

Thanks to Paul and Al for the clever but inoffensive humor, it's an excellent counterbalance to the more serious issues we have to consider--or at least, the ones I'm most prone to ruminate about!!

Maarja

Maarja Krusten
GAO Historian
Office of Quality and