From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:47:51 -0700
Peter wrote: "You might consider purchasing the following item from the ARMA bookstore
Establishing Alphabetic, Numeric and Subject Filing Systems"

Peter, et al, I responded to Kristina offline with my opinion based on the new standard (I was on the TF), and so far, no one who has offered an opinion has agreed with the standard. Naturally, I've deleted my response already, but from memory, it went like this:

Dallas Texas Parks Dept.
Leon County Public Welfare Dept.
United States Government Treasury Dept Internal Revenue Service.

Kristina said this is basically how she responded on the test and the instructor disagreed, so we both get a big fat zero!

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 South Allison Parkway
Lakewood CO 80226-3127
303-987-7091 (office)
303-987-7088 (fax)
www.lakewood.org

Lakewood's records management objectives: 1) Information is available when needed; 2) Records of permanent value are preserved; 3) Non-permanent records are destroyed per approved retention schedules; 4) Discarded paper is recycled.