From:
Dan Keldsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:11:42 -0500
Hello Fellow Records Management Practitioners,

As you may or may not be aware, Delphi Group has been involved in the
Content Management space from a consulting, event, and research/
advisory standpoint for roughly 16 years, and in Records Management
for roughly 7 years.

As CMS/ECM or RM (as a separate or embedded component) has been
adopted, there have been many stumbling points in implementation -
information remains lost, even once in a central location, and even
with a central repository, anywhere from 20-80% of enterprise content
is still not within the repository, and remains unfindable.

In the case of RM, even with repositories and rules, content
frequently remains in existence far longer than it should, causing a
rising level of potential lawsuits to burble behind the scenes,
invisible to most executives/managers. Classification work has clear
overlap between both Records concerns, and "daily" working systems
such as ECM/CMS.

We've been running an event called Delphi's Proving Ground for
Information Architecture & Taxonomy for nearly 4 years now, and have
had hundreds of attendees representing organizations across a wide
variety of industries, from aerospace to pharmaceuticals, financial
services to gas, power, energy, and more.

If your organization is experiencing pains with findability and in
connecting your unstructured information systems together as a
working WHOLE solution, this very project-focused (you MUST bring a
project related to Information Architecture or Taxonomy), team-
oriented (teams of 2-12 are quite common, although single attendees
are welcome) event is specifically built to help break your project
out of a stuck mode or get your freshly launched project positioned
for successful implementation.

I've been one of the instructors/consultants with this program area
for 3 years, and have been with Delphi Group for 11+ years. I may
have been drinking the cool aid for a while now, but I believe we
provide serious value and firepower to you, your team and your
project on these topics.

The next Proving Ground is December 6-8, 2005 - More information is at:

http://www.delphigroup.com/pg-recmgmt-l

I hope to see you there, and if you have any questions, feel free to
get in touch with me directly (info below) to discuss this program,
or these topics, at all.

Cheers,
Dan
---
Dan Keldsen                           - [log in to unmask]
Delphi Group, A Perot Systems Company - www.delphigroup.com
111 Huntington Ave, Suite 2750        - ph: 617-247-1511
Boston, MA 02199                      - fax:617-247-4957
http://www.delphigroup.com/about/people/dan_keldsen/

Delphi Group, a Perot Systems Company, is a global business advisor
and strategic market maker focusing on the intersection of business
and IT.