From:
JESSE WILKINS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:43:04 -0700
Hi Lorinda,

I believe the ARMA Pacific Region still maintains a speaker bureau, with
many pretty good speakers and topics represented. You might also check with
ARMA International - they have stats on the speaker reviews from the last
few conferences. Many of the speakers this year were quite good, and I don't
want to name names because I'm sure I will forget a number of them and I
don't want to offend any by omission.

I'm sure a number of other folks will respond either to you directly or to
the list...so here's *my* pitch:

Experience:
I've spoken at ARMA 2003, 2004, 2005; AIIM 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
(selected), Xplor 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006 (selected), and more than 30 AIIM
and ARMA chapter meetings in the last 18 months including several Spring
Seminars. I also teach workshops on electronic records management, basic
records management (with Mimi Dionne, MLIS), and CDIA+ and email management.

Selected topics I've delivered recently:
"Accessing Your Electronic Records in 5, 50, 500 Years"
"Active Email Management"
"Optimizing Your Imaging System"
"Emerging Technologies 2006"
"Technology and Compliance"
"Sarbanes-Oxley for the Records Manager"
"Instant Records: Effective Instant Message Management"
"Blogs, Wikis, and RSS, Oh MY!"
"Essential Electronic Records Management"
"Strategic Information Management"

Delivery:
60-90 minute (typical chapter meeting)
Half-day workshop
Full- and multi-day seminar
Webinars, either stand-alone or combined with live delivery

I would note that there are many opportunities to work with vendors and
consultants as speakers - as long as you work closely with them to make sure
they understand a chapter meeting is NOT the place to pitch their products
and services. I'm always mindful of that and I know a number of vendors who
speak regularly that know when to sell and when to transfer knowledge - for
example, I've heard Chris Ryan with Stellent and Michelle Kersey with
Hummingbird and both of them know who their audience is and treat them
appropriately.

I would be happy to provide additional information on *my* availability,
topics, etc. directly - and if anyone has other speakers in mind and wants a
disinterested third party's opinion, I'm happy to provide them. The more
great speakers and great chapter events we all put on and attend, the better
for the industry and for RIM professionals.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, EDP, ICP
IMERGE Consulting