Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:18:32 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2005 8:59:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

have scored as an ENFP each time -- an extrovert, but I am closer  to the
center than the extreme end, and people who know me well understand my
extroversion is
centered around my love of collaboration with others and my  strong need to
advocate for the things I believe in but in fact I am quite  a shy person
(there are several people cracking up right now, but it really  is true) and
crave and enjoy my solitude equally as well. I agree  with most of what
Dianne has said, except the above comment.  I am  basically a shy person and am an
Introvert as well.  I am no expert but  have been told that shyness is a born
thing as introversion and does not show  up on standard tests like
introversion does.

Shyness is different and I can not for the life of me remember what I was
told 10 years ago about it.  It may be that it is a character trait versus  a
personality trait. And also people can more easily overcome introversion by
working on becoming more of an extrovert in social/business situations in order
to work successfully.  But that does not overcome their shyness.  They  have
to pull themselves mentally and physically through that to overcome  it.

A version of Merriam-Webster I have states that Introvert is a reserved or
shy person.
According to the description  Shy is easily  frightened, timid,  wary,
bashful, deficient, lacking

So many time I too have said " I am basically shy"  But, I think what  I am
really trying to say is that I am an Introvert and it is an effort for me  to
act as an Extrovert.  As an Introvert, I really need quiet time to  regroup and
then face the world again. I have to think internally, not  externally.  I am
an INFJ and have consistently been for 20 years since 1st  taking a Myers
Briggs for a friend who was working on her PHD.

Sorry for the long post off RM topics but I have for many years felt that a
good Records Manager is an Introvert and have suggested to clients that they
look for that type to fill the open position.

Trudy M.  Phillips
File Management, LLC
"Bringing Order Out of Chaos"
8440  Lanewood Circle
Leeds, AL 35094
205/699-8571
Fax:  205/699-3278
Celebrating 21 years providing Records Management Services.  1984-2005