From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:04:55 -0500
Regarding "predicting the future," here is the citation asked about on Friday, November 11, 2005 in the discussion of archivists, university RMs, etc.   In response to the question, see below for the link for the October 27th message from Bill Roach on this List that I referred to:
http://www.lists.ufl.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0510D&L=recmgmt-l&P=R5284.

Despite repeated attempts, most recently at 9:50 am today Eastern time (US) today, I have been unable to post to this List the rest of my response to Chris and Bruce.  Something in the text or formatting must be hitting a filter (?) that I don't know how to get around.  At any rate, I cannot get my message to go through to the List.  My later message from 10:52 am about NARA publications was posted immediately, within a minute after I sent it, however.

Although I tend to think the "dissing archivists" vibe is just a running, king of the hill type, joke on the List  -- I know of no archivist who ever has said s/he wants to keep "everying" (!!)  -- I also addressed that issue in my attempted posting.  I did that in case any RIM students were interested in hearing my perspective as a former NARA archivist and a current Federal historian.  If anyone wants to read it, please contact me off list and I will forward a copy from my sent mail.

Maarja (message sent for posting on Recmgmt-L on Tuesday, November 15, 2005 at 11:05 am)