From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:56:34 -0800
Hi,
Here at American Honda Motor Co., Inc., HR manages their own records and
security.  All records are handled at the box level, with the cost centers
(departments) pulling their own records when the boxes are returned to
them.  The only reasons we have for getting into boxes is to repack damaged
boxes or to identify old records whose descriptions have been separated
from their box identification.

If a department wished greater security, they could tape the box shut
before sending it to storage and/or arrange with Records Management to have
that box or those records marked confidential and able to be released only
to named individuals within the department.

We encourage departments to create record- or file-level databases and
incorporate the box barcode number when those records and files are sent
offsite.

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's website at ocarma.org
Diane Carlisle, CRM - "RM's own the rules; IT owns the tools".