From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:32:22 -0800
Maarja:

I didn't get the impression that Sandra's documents or annotations were on
paper. But most imaging systems have a way of associating annotations with
images, and even placing independent security on the two.  The software
handles them as a set linked at the page level.  This also handles automatic
redaction requirements. An alternative sometime used is to scan the two
things as separate documents, and give them the same metadata.  This is not
as good as the linked approach.

Handwriting on the original just gets scanned with the page.  A post-it note
(TM) is the sort of independent annotation we are discussing with Sandra.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, ICP, AIIM MIT
Principal
IMERGE Consulting, Pacific Northwest Office
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA   98040
(office) 206-230-9253
(cell) 206-979-7389