From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:46:31 -0800
I long ago killfiled his email address. The good news is that he always
uses the same email address, so it is fairly easy. You can either
configure your mail reader or set a filter on the server, if that
feature is allowed by your email provider.

I filter the email address and the surname of the individual. That way
if he does change his email address, I'll still filter out the spam he
spews. You could also block the domain, but that will kill off all the
mail from that domain, although it is highly unlikely that I'll be
getting mail from MIT.

As for the List, many moons ago Marc (and PaK as well) attempted to
block him by banning his email address. Well, in those days, he was
changing his email address to get back in and after a short while his
dreck would come back in. They also complained to MIT and they got some
sort of lame excuse about intellectual freedom or some such thing.
You'd think that with all the complaints from all the Lists that he
spams, MIT would take some action, since he is using their facilities.

The Archives List has taken a more direct action and decided to ban
him, but since that List is owned by SAA, they have more reason to do
so.

I don't think that I have ever seen someone so single-minded in my
life, although if my last reading of one of his posts in Digest was
correct, he seems to be expanding from the BPL to the City of Boston.
Guess he was bored. Must be nice to have so much time on your hands
that you can do nothing but waste your life tilting at windmills.

Patrick Cunningham, CRM