From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:26:10 -0600
Just a quick question regarding the best method for destroying paper records
that have been damaged by water.  We will not be considering any recovery
process because the water, mold etc is too extreme.  These records are in
boxes and have been placed on pallets and shrink wrapped.  I'm assuming the
records are still at least damp.

Typically these records would be shredded.  Is that still a viable method if
the records are wet, damp and or moldy?

If you have any experience with shredding wet records that would be
appreciated.
Thanks much, Mary

--
Mary W. Haider