From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:43:06 -0500
Here is a link to the press release about the Washington area tribute to Rosa Parks.
http://www.wmata.com/about/met_news/story.cfm?ID=493
Apparently the 1957 bus only was on display until 3pm today, December 1.  I had been hoping some of you who work at NARA (Archives I) or other DC locations would be able to see it on your way home.

The Washington Post's website published a picture of a child sitting on the bus, see
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/homepage/hp12-1-05f.jpg .

The red building in the background is the National Building Museum which is across the street from the GAO building.

 A WaPo story is at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/01/AR2005120100981.html

If anyone wants to see the photos of the bus that I snapped, contact me off list and I will forward them to you.

Maarja

Hi Maarja,

Do you know how long the bus will be on exhibit as I will be in D.C. next week and would love to see it?

Thanks--cc

Christina I. Chavarria
Office of Inspector General
NM Human Services Department
505-827-8144
1-800-228-4802

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.