From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:20:42 -0800
Good for you!  The challenges of going paperless (and I do not mean
imaging; I mean NEVER output to paper) is not a technology issue, it is
a political issue.  This paradigm shift is fiercely resisted by some in
our society.  It will take at least one more generation to widely come
to fruition.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/08/05 09:42AM >>>
Oh.. you still use paper?

I am getting a 1 Terabyte remote drive for just the off line images. I
am scanning everything and putting it into categories.

On line - current docs
Near line - docs about to expire
Off Line - data archive of older still needed docs

We should be paperless in a year with only current files still in
existence - highest level donor files. Those are imaged as well but
the
paper kept.
That would be just about 400 cu feet.

We will attempt to politically get rid of the paper in a year.

<snip>