From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:57:23 -0800
I remember a few years back being so excited when my late partner, Dave,
brought home the first prototype of a Tablet PC for us to test out. Wow - a
screen you could write on! And the machine would "learn" (actually the user
learns) your handwriting. Then you could save your notes as a word doc or
forward as an email. This was like a perfect score on the cool list.

Unfortunately the Tablet PC has never really taken hold. Probably they were
too expensive. I just saw an NEC advertised at $1400, but I didn't look at
the specs. Originally they were closer to $3K.

You've all probably read this book "the myth of the paperless office" by
Abigail J. Sellen and Richard H. R. Harper, but if not check it out. The
psychology of paper is fascinating.

Rock on!
Sharon Burnett in sunny, but cold Seattle WA