From:
Rick Barry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 01:11:33 EST

Subject to the existence of Georgia laws specifically outlawing it,
destruction of paper where records have been properly entered into a trustworthy
electronic records environment (which includes appropriate measures for
preservation -- conversion, migration, refreshment, etc., as may  be required over
time) should not represent a problem. Last I  read it, the Federal Rules of
Evidence treat all electronic  representations of a document as equivalent to
originals. San Antonio based  United Services Automobile Assn. (USAA) probably the
largest insurance company  in the world with offices larger than the Pentagon,
has been doing it for  decades, last I knew without technological or legal
problems.

Regards,

Rick Barry
_www.mybestdocs.com_ (http://www.mybestdocs.com/)
Cofounder, Open  Reader Consortium
_www.openreader.org_ (http://www.openreader.org)

In a message dated 12/9/2005 12:02:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,