From:
"Schildmeyer, Greg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 15:39:12 -0600
It is but one example of a common business process that occurs every day
where people are more comfortable using non-technological tools.
Records result from business processes.  Business processes typically
involve people and information and sometimes physical items (e.g.,
machinery or products).  Obviously, if we design business processes that
don't adequately capture and manage the information component of the
process, we will not achieve your goal of total electronic
recordkeeping.  But likewise, if we ignore the human factors in our
business process designs, and fail to make people _comfortable_ using
totally electronic processes, then I doubt we will ever achieve that
goal.

To me, the two greatest ergonomic technology inventions in the past 25
years are the GUI interface/mouse combination and the affordable inkjet
printer.

Greg Schildmeyer, CRM
Director of Records Management